All hypnosis is self-hypnosis; you can’t be hypnotised against against your will. Hypnosis is a natural state of deep relaxation you may choose to enter. The therapist is merely your guide into trance.
In trance we are neither asleep nor awake. Your body may feel heavy but your mind remains alert; trance is a heightened state of awareness. In this state, we become more aware of our surroundings and more sensitive to feelings in our body.
Trance isn’t a new experience. Have you ever driven somewhere and been unable to remember a single minute of the journey? Or felt sleepy while driving on a motorway even though you’re not at all tired? And who of us hasn’t read a page from a book from beginning to end but not taken in a single word because we just ‘spaced out’. These are all naturally occurring states of trance.
How does it work? In the place between awake and asleep, our minds are free to wander. Our thoughts flit randomly from one thing to another and while we are distracted by those thoughts, the therapist is able to make suggestions that slip into the unconscious, uncensored by our usual critical judgement. These agreed suggestions support what we want for ourselves (becoming a non smoker, changing attitudes, reducing anxiety etc). Somewhere deep down, we all have the resources to live the lives we want to live, hypnotherapy help us to access those deeper depths and release our inner strength.
Fees and T&Cs
- A one off hypnotherapy session last 90 minutes and cost £75.
- Smoking cessation happens over two sessions, the first is a 90 minute session followed a week later by a 60 minute session. The cost for both sessions is £130.
- A course of hypnotherapy: the first session lasts 90 minutes and costs £65. Ongoing sessions will last one hour at a cost £55.
- There is a 48-hour cancellation policy. This means if you have to cancel a session for any reason at all, within 48 hours of the time booked, you will be asked to pay for the session.
- Your hypnotherapy session can be recorded. Either on your own smart phone, or mine (and then emailed to you).
If you have any questions and would prefer to email rather than call, please leave them here and I’ll get back to you as soon as I’m able.